For schools wanting more students to be more active, fitter and healthier.
Planet Kaha is designed specifically to help those students who are less likely to engage in physical activity by virtue of being unfit, non-competitive or non-sporty, those who unaware of the connection between physical activity and their academic performance, mood and energy, as well those which research tells us are not engaging in as much activity as other students inclusive of females, those who are injured or fear injury, are from lower-socio economic backgrounds or ethnic minority groups. It is nevertheless beneficial to all students, inclusive of the very active and fit students.
Recommended for students aged 11 and older but with a little more support from teachers or parents can be an excellent solution for younger students too.
How it works
Students are given Missions, like travelling to other planets and saving the world!
To prepare for Missions students do hands on, real life, no iPad needed, F.A.B challenges.
Each Mission contains 20 F.A.B. challenges.
Students can do any 12 to complete a Mission
Students earn points for each challenge
Points earn virtual cool stuff and real award certificates
Easy to roll out
Plenty of challenge choices for students
Solo & group activities, for school & home
Rewards for everyone!
Adaptable by teachers
Complete with everything you need
We’re built on success!
READ MORE ABOUT THESE WINNING FEATURES
- Low cost
Purchase a school license for the programme from as little as $89 and use with an unlimited number of students at your school! Most of the challenges utilize readily accessible items and achieving a Mission needn’t involve any additional expenditure.
- Easy to roll out
We appreciate that teachers already have a heavy workload and accordingly have sort to make the programme easy to roll out.
- Plenty of choices
Students can choose which challenges to do based on their personality type, fitness level and capabilities, their likes and their dislikes and the time they have available. Options are also available for those who are injured, or have limited use of their legs and/or who use wheelchairs.
- Solo options
Students can complete many of the challenges solo, or in groups, at home or at school as preferred by you and by them.
- Rewarding of action
Every challenge completed score points that add up to reward students with virtual prizes. No one receives extra points for being the fastest or the first or getting the ‘best’ result. Teachers can however layer those types of rewards in if they like.
Over the course of the Missions we want students to gain an understanding and appreciation of…
- the flow on benefits of physical activity on cognitive abilities, mood, sleep, fitness and energy levels
- how being fit and healthy can benefit not just ourselves, but also the people they work, live and socialize with
- sharing knowledge and resources with our family, friends and community
- the value of building ‘strong’ communities and the role they can play in helping that happen
- the health and activity services and opportunities available in the local community
- activities from different cultures as well as few words! All our character names mean strong in another language. For example, ‘Moordidjabiny’ (Noongar) is the giant smiling gold toothed kangaroo, Qiángdà (Chinese) the wise dwarf dragon, and ‘Sterk’ (Afrikaans) the courage giving lion.
Requiring students to provide evidence to their teachers of having successfully completed challenges is a key piece in ensuring kids complete tasks, stay motivated and appreciate their achievements.
- Student input
In 2020 we launch The S.H.A.C. – The Students Healthy Action Council, to look at how to improve activity levels and fitness from the perspective of the students themselves. Students also get the opportunity to design their own challenges and Missions and to become Planet Kaha famous as we roll a selection of their ideas out to other students.
- Adaptable time frames, location, tasks
Teachers can choose: – 1) how long students have to complete Missions – one day, one week, one term or the whole year, 2) the time when challenges are done – during schools hours, for homework or on school camp, and 3) to remove/veto any challenges for any reason, knowing there will still be lots remaining for students to choose from.
- Complete package
Included are award certificates and a choice of posters, as well as a Teacher’s Guides and Student Mission Manuals, with options to have fully printed our end or yours, or provided to you digitally through your own school portal. Plus there’s a free 3D print file of the Planet Kaha key ring logo, as well optional prizes to purchase like stickers and t-shirts.
- BONUS no.11 – We’re built on success!
More than 3000 participants took part in our previous health and fitness challenge. 97 percent of the feedback we received advised us that entrants regarded themselves as successful and 99 percent recommended it. We ran it for 10 years before developing a youth programme based around its winning principles. Check out the graphs below to see the improvements across a whole host of useful health and lifestyle aspects.
WHAT WE'RE NOT
- We are not the whole solution to your environment. We are a piece in the jigsaw, like sport, play, dance, micro breaks etc., all of which help tackle youth activity levels and health.
- We are not a facade for a nutritional supplement, skin care range, gym chain, supermarket, or cereal company, exercise programme, or otherwise funded by anyone other than those who purchase our programme.
Option 1- $89
Mission 1 – Download
Includes PDF templates for printing off and sharing online with all students at one school.
- Teacher’s Guide
- Student Mission Manual
- Award Certificate
Option 2 – $249
Mission 1 – Delivered
Order a Mission 1 kit complete with everything printed out for 30 students. Order additional resources in any quantity,
- 1 x Teacher’s Guide
- 30 x Student Manuals
- 30 x Award Certificates
- 4 x Laminate Posters