Roll out an initiative at your school which assists more of your students with one or more of the following:-
- moving more often
- moving in new ways
- breaking up long periods of sitting
Submit up to two of your initiatives for our judges consideration before October 1st each year.
Judges will look favourably on initiatives engaging students that research shows, or your school’s experience reveals, are less likely to reach minimum physical activity levels.
*Research tells us that less active students are likely to include: those from lower socioeconomic families, families where neither parent is active, females, as well as those who are ill, injured or otherwise have reduced physical capabilities. Many students also do less activity as they enter into and progress through their teens. These findings may not be true for your school and important to our judges is that your school’s project addresses a need or gap relevant to your school.
The minimum prizes are:-
- Prize 1: 1 x $200 cash and $200 Catch Fitness resources. This prize is for projects that utilize any of the Catch Fitness resources.
- Prize 2: 1 x $200 cash and $200 Catch Fitness resources. All projects that don’t use Catch Fitness resources/products are eligible for this prize.
- Finalist Awards: The top five projects in each category will each receive a Finalist Award.
- Student Awards: Two ‘Outstanding Achievement’ awards are given per school for giving to students who have been nominated by the school as doing a top job.
- Registration is $40 per school.
- Schools can submit two projects for consideration.
- Projects do not need to use any Catch Fitness programmes
- Numbers: There is no set number/percentage of students that need to be involved in your initiative.
- Duration: There is no set duration that your project needs to run for. It could be a one off event or one that runs over most of the year.
- Helpers: Apart from students – teachers, parents and/or local exercise providers/businesses can all be involved in developing and rolling out the programme.
Submitting your project
- All submissions need to be in by October 1st, of the year they are being entered in for – currently 2022
- Submissions are to be made by email to email@example.com and/or shared with us via a document portal such as Google Docs.
Each project submission needs to consists of:-
- Six photos. The subject of these should help judges appreciate and/or better understand your project.
- One video of up to 2 minutes in duration showing the activity, reactions to it and any required explanations.
- A summary document/letter of up to 500 words detailing the impact, benefits and potential of the programme.
- Nomination of two students at your school who you consider deserving of the Outstanding Achievement Award by virtue of their involvement in the project, together with up to 100 words about each student as to why they were so deserving.
Register your school below. Your registration includes a choice of posters and images to promote the Challenge with as well as a short monthly email with ideas and tips to ensure your project is a success.
Terms, Conditions & Privacy Issues
- This competition is organised by Catch Fitness ABN: 38505126790
- Registrations fees are in New Zealand dollars unless otherwise stated.
- Registrations can be cancelled in writing to Catch Fitness at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of purchase by the registering party for a full refund less a $5 administration fee.
- Each school can only register once.
- Any other costs involved in the roll out of the activity/project and/or submission of entries for our judges consideration are the responsibility of the school.
C: Judging – Prizes – Winners
- Each school can submit two projects for the judges consideration.
- Judges decisions are final and no negotiation can be entered into.
- Winners will be announced on this website on November 1st and notified by email the same day.
- Catch Fitness will arrange delivery of all prizes to the winning schools and students within four weeks of winners being announced.
- All award certificates are provided in a digital format for printing off by the school/winner.
- All prizes must be claimed within six months of the draw date.
- All rights in any unclaimed prizes will return to the original owner after 6 months from the draw date.
- The competition is open to schools from New Zealand and Australia.
- While all schools are eligible for the prize pool, additional prizes contributed by sponsors and other businesses, may only be applicable to schools in one country or the other. It will be clearly noted when this is the case.
E: Privacy Issues
All content of all entries inclusive of, but not limited to photos videos, become the property of Catch Fitness and may be used by ourselves or our subcontractors in public mediums like websites, newspaper articles, social media, for the purposes of showcasing the challenge i.e. for purposes related to this competition and for research, to help evaluate ways in which to improve physical activity levels at schools. Please ensure the consent of any people appearing in your submissions is obtained where applicable and to otherwise exclude identifying features of students as well as their names.
We aim to be highly respectful of people’s privacy and where possible collect very little personal information. If at any stage the registering party, or anyone else who has provided us with personal details would like to update their information or have it deleted simply contact us.